We use Amazon Web Services for the backend.
- Serverless Architecture: We use AWS Lambda which is an event-driven, serverless computing platform provided by Amazon as a part of Amazon Web Services. Therefore, it is a computing service that runs code in response to events and automatically manages the computing resources required by that code.
- API Gateway: Amazon API Gateway is a fully managed service that makes it easy for you to create, publish, maintain, monitor, and secure APIs at any scale. Amazon API Gateway service is the door to the backend API services.
- Amazon Cognito: Amazon Cognito provides authentication, authorization, and user management for your web and mobile apps. Amazon Cognito will not be used only for game user definitions but also used as an identity management service for the SaaS service models on this system.
- Amazon Managed Kafka Service: Securely stream data with a fully managed, highly available Apache Kafka service. User log data, real time data analytics services will be developed on this service.
- Amazon Managed PostGreSQL Database: Highly scalable RDMS service for metadata and game transactional data requirements.
- Amazon ElasticCache: Amazon ElastiCache is a fully managed in-memory data store and cache service by Amazon Web Services. This caching mechanism will be used for different levels of caching tiers required for the game ecosystem.
- Amazon Managed DocumentDB/MondoDB Atlas: Fully Managed NoSQL Data Store that will be used if required in this environment.
- GraphQL: GraphQL is a query language for APIs and a runtime for fulfilling those queries with your existing data. GraphQL provides a complete and understandable description of the data in your API, gives clients the power to ask for exactly what they need and nothing more, makes it easier to evolve APIs over time, and enables powerful developer tools. For the game applications it's very crucial to have this client-side flexible adaptation.
- Managed Blockchain: To support our distinct needs in game applications we need a centralized ledger database that maintains an immutable and cryptographically verifiable record of transactions. The ledger technology will be chosen later.
- Analytics Zone Technologies:
- Database Structure:(Proposed with Kafka and MongoDB) ClickHouse is a fast open-source column-oriented database management system that allows generating analytical data reports in real-time using SQL queries.
- Dashboarding: Grafana is a multi-platform open source analytics and interactive visualization web application.